Milling and assembly...

I didn't take pictures of the milling process. I basically had a couple of pieces of walnut that were 3" x 7/8" x 6'. For assembly, I thought about using mortise and tenon joints. I decided that would have been a lot of extra work for a simple project, so I decided to go with dowel joints. In hindsight, I should have done mortise and tenon. I think it would have been more sturdy, and I would have gotten much needed practice. I drilled out the holes for the dowels and used just a regular hardwood dowel from Home Depot. Assembly was fairly easy, and all went well. I did notice that without the extra support of the shelves along the lamp, it was very wobbly. I decided that the lower part of the lamp portion needed to be supported more...



Posted by Picasa